Friday, December 01, 2006

December: Warmest time of the Year?

i love christmas! i love what this holiday represents and how it transcends all across the world. it makes ya feel all warm & fuzzy inside knowing that it is because of this great holiday, that we as individuals try to be more giving & understanding to ourselves and to those around us. and why is it that we wait till the end of the year to celebrate christmas? couldn't the spirit of christmas be a part of our lives daily? more christ-like, right?! isn't that really what the ultimate goal is at the end of the year -- i guess it's more of a rhetorical question to your yourself both personally and spiritually.
well, i definitely have a whole lot to be thankful for. i have discovered that i'm such a loser when it comes to making financial investments. the 2nd home purchase was such a very BAD idea to begin with but did i even consult with an attorney or even my local real estate agent -- no! i dove into the deep blue with my head first, and it wasn't fair for me to expect my family to go along on this gamble. i should of done my homework, talked to ppl 'bout their experiences, at least allowed some time to pass before making a judgment call like that. i take full responsibility that i made a foolish decision and it nearly costed almost our life savings. word to the wise: cut your losses on any REAL ESTATE, quick!!!
i have also discovered that i'm a whole lot chubbier this dec. month -- an extra 20 lbs isn't very flattering at a height of only five foot 2 3/4 qtrs. . .i really blame myself -- baking those chocolate cookies w/o having a care in the world of where it may end up at. . .on my legs & flabby belly, it's sad really. for the last five years of been trying my damndest to get back into shape from all the ridiculous fat jokes due to post prego, & now i'm back to where i have started. so i can honestly say that i'm not too fine 'bout that discovery, but i do appreciate all the desserts i've stuffed my face in the last year or so. oh yeah, and eating out to restaurants doesn't help much either. cook at home as often!
so my christmas gift to myself was a brand new car, actually a used one but it drives and looks new. my kids adore it, and my husband thinks it fits my personal style. it was tough decision on choosing the right vehicle that is both gas efficient as well as practical and i made sure the price was reasonable at best. so it seems that everything worked out in the end.

well, here's another ball-busting year and i look forward to what 2007 has in store for me and my family. thanks for reading! cheers, j

No comments: