Monday, March 30, 2009

san diego 5k mud-run


on sunday, march 29th, 2009 i participated with four other members of the "DIRT FLIRTS" on a 5K aka 3Miler mud run on the hillsides of the Skyline Church grounds in la mesa, ca. i am still pinching myself in sheer delight and in soreness for that matter as i type, that i cannot believe that i was able to make it to the finish line in tow with my team, while still jogging my way down the rough terrain, muddy passages and mud pits. and jst for the record, those mud pits were thick and as high as my waist line. at one point thru the course, i came across a mud pit which i was confident to push thru it without a blink, but in the process i miscalculated my footing and lost my stance, immediately fell forward into the deep pool of mud, yet i got right back with mess and all and kept veering forward without stopping a beat. as a consolation, i had the support of my bff, numia, as well as my other mates, julie & her 10 yr old superstar son, Dominique, as well as runner Katie to get me thru the course. more so dominique, since he kept echoing in my mind through the course that if that lil' man can do it, so can i.
honestly, i thought i didn't have it in me but strangely enough i found my inner strength to plow thru the course with a lot of heart. the worse by far was this epic hillside, that was appeared to a mile long up but the intense incline made me pray to have miracle legs & wings to get to the very top, which indeed i finally did. and boy, was that a terrific view once i reached to the very top but i didn't want to look back to slow my progress instead my thoughts kept reverting to 'damn, i only wished i had more added time on that damn stairmaster', but nonetheless, i finished it and what a joy it was to embrace my team at the very end. this awesome feeling of having this mud-run experience will be a marker for more wellness events to come in the future for me, and i am so amped for all of that. so i'll maintain this momentum as i move forward. happy browsing!













1 comment:

2bMia said...

This was great, Julia. You were awesome that day! I mean, what a rush! I think when we finished, we were both amazed at what we'd accomplished! I look forward to more of these moments, these great victories for us both. The "Dirt Flirts" rock...but nothing compares to team "Jumia" haha..