Thursday, October 02, 2008

MY month to SHINE!

so it's the start of another month. . .OCTober! and i jst felt compelled and enthused 2 blog 'bout how opportunities can culminate when u least x-pect it.

jst a bit of a backstory on what had transpired thus far, basically i've been employed at an Aerospace company for 7 years, and for the past 6 1/2 yrs, my position seemed to b at a constant stance simply because i wasn't doin' my part 2 become motivated in following thru on improving my skillset level in my current IT/MIS profession. finally, i began to reassess my priorities at the beginning of this year, and i've made the realization that it is now or never to pursue that goal of what would give me that opportunistic edge overall else, redirecting my career path into SAP consulting.

in mid feburary, it started off w/ me inquiring to my director of how myself can manuever into a different department, and from then on, i've been on this pursuit from several informative meetings w/ managers/consultants, not to mention shadowing/training sessions, and although it's been quite a slow and steady pace, but a pace nonetheless. my hope is that after all of this is said and done, that i can look back and say w/ sheer delight, that it was all worth it.

remember, that if you believe it enough w/in yourself that changing careers especially at a point in your life that compels u 2 think outside of the norm and/or box, than it's definitely a journey worthy of pursuit. . .keep u posted on how it all turns out!

1 comment:

Robinson6 said...

Julia, i love your hairdo in this pic. It's definitely a keeper for future outings. Just browsing through your blog really cool, love ya, June